Tuesday, April 8, 2014


The first leg of our new lifestyle was being with Sondra’s mmmmmommy and dad.  Three days of great hospitality from two loving and caring people.  George and Carole Bryan made us feel like we were home.  There we began the process of going through the overcrowded 5th wheel to determine what a keeper was and what was still in our possession because we did not want to part with it but knew it was time to say good-bye to it.  You just don’t realize how much stuff you have until you put all that stuff in a pile.  Stuff for cleaning, stuff for cooking, stuff that holds other stuff, stuff that has stuff you thought you did not have anymore.  I am almost sure I tossed out a box that held a bag that held a container that secured a pouch that held a tissue that held one of my children’s first nose blows.  STUFF!!  UGH!!!  Through all that cleaning and rearranging, like clockwork we would always hear Dad or Mom say, “you guys need to come in and have something to eat.  MMM  MMM MMM!!!  Wonderful breakfasts, incredible lunches and delicious dinners gave us the energy to keep going and finish our task at hand.  Sunday was an easy day as Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Dave stopped by to see the new 5er and give a warm “good luck and drive safe out there” to us.  Oh, and we will be sure to include them in our stops when we pull into Florida in the fall.  Like I said, we could not have asked for a better place to begin.  There were moments I felt as if I was sitting and enjoying conversations with my own mother.  Sondra and I will miss Mom and Dad but I know we always have a place to touchdown where we will find all the wonderful things that make a person smile from love and feel good that they are at home.  Our journey continued on Wednesday the 2nd as we headed to Crystal River, Fl. to stay at Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park.  There we are looking at a 29 day stay and to try to just get used to our new home and all the ins and outs of it.  We have bugs, well not real bugs bc if we had real bugs I would go crazy and scream.  We have bugs to work out with the 5er, even though it is brand new, there will always be little things that need adjusting or correcting.  If you feel like being company to us, get at us and let’s have a play date.  Also keep in mind that you can click on our “Where are we” tab to see where we are and where we are going.  Once again, thank you to mom and dad for everything you have done for us the last few days.  We will always remember that our journey began with two of the most awesome peeps in the whole world.  You are both very welcome to join us for a piece somewhere down the road.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine cleaning out all my 'stuff' We have a pretty good sized home and need to purge again. Last time I went through the attic, I had all my kids clothes from the time they were born until they were about 10. Crazy! Need to do it again and get rid of some of the stuff around here.

    ReplyDelete