Sunday, August 24, 2014

Haywood County Fair, North Carolina!! Yee Haa!!!

I enjoy a good fair and or festival but let me tell you about one Sondra and I attended this week end.

 Total cost to get in to the Haywood County Fair, North Carolina $2.00 per person and that included paking cost! WOOO!!! HOOO!!!



 It had everything a larger fair would have, and trust me when I say this. I grew up in Erie County, New York and that is a grand Fair!!


 Do not get me wrong, todays had many things a large fair has.


 We seen livestock, projects from the 4-H groups, we seen a little boy who had such a grin when he looked face to face with a cow and we even seen a young farm girl shaving the hair off the balls of a show bull.




 Preparation is the key for any animal in a ribbon contest. I seen the farmers, wipe the cows behind, clean his nose with his hankie, trim any unwanted hairs from the appearance which included the shaving of the bulls balls.












Along with all the animal fun we had, we managed to take in the display building which hosted many categories like cooking, farming, creativity, photography and horticulture.
















As you can see there was a lot of stuff to view but only so many will make the photo cut. 




I will use photos more than words this time and ask if you prefer me writing or just photo blogging?










































 We seen this barn on the way to the fair and we had to stop and give it kudos!!!















Enjoy the photos and please as always feel free to comment on anything you would like to.











 Have a great day!!!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment